Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Heated Seats?!

I am in the process of removing the necessary interior trim on Casper to be able to remove the headliner. I figured that, while I'm at it, I may as well tackle some electrical issues that have been bothering me, as well as get some cleaning done.

So I ended up removing the back seat. Entirely. I'll be cleaning it indoors, which will allow me to get every nook and cranny.

When I pulled the seat I noticed something I have not noticed before. There is electrical wiring running directly into the bench and the backrest! Now, I've noticed the electrical wiring lashed to the bench, but I had never noticed it went into the bench. I experienced a moment of exhilaration. Could this be?! You see, Casper has a heated front seats. Well, they don't presently work but they are there. Could it be we have heated rear seats, too?

I ran inside and grabbed my trusty Bentley Publishers Audi 100, 200 Official Factory Repair Manual: Volume 3 which contains every electrical wiring diagram. Right there on page 719: the wiring schematic for the heated rear seats. Woohoo!

Now I've really got my work cut out for me!

TODO:
Remove/replace headliner
Clean/condition the leather interior
Fix short on relay #10 (interior lighting, locks, lighters, stereo, etc...)
Fix non-functional speakers
Fix/replace all seat heating elements

No comments: