Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Blue Meanie, World; Plus More!

Finally, pictures of the Blue Meanie!

The underbody cover had come loose again, so I brought it over to Dusty and Gary's to resolve the problem. I put the car on ramps and added some oversize washers so the plastic would have a more difficult time stretching around the retaining screws. While I was at it I snapped some pictures to send off to Terry Frost, the man who sold me the cover and the TDIheater (a ZeroStart with custom bracket and pre-bent hoses).

The cars have been running like champs lately. The Blue Meanie is due for an oil change, and while I'm at it I'll check the manual's service schedule and see what else there is for me to do.

Lately, I have been going over the interior electrical system in Casper (the Audi 200TQ). So far I've fixed one of the rear speakers (loose solder joint on the cone) and a rear seat bench heating element (contact pulled loose on the embedded switch).

Since I've been pulling out much of the interior for the headliner replacement, I have an opportunity to thoroughly clean every piece of trim. It is time-consuming, but rewarding!

While in the car, you never really get a clear picture of how filthy things become over time. Once you get a piece of the car in the same lighting under which you live, it is very difficult to ignore its filth. I sure hope things don't gradually end up this way in the Blue Meanie!

No comments: