Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Radiator Update #4

I feel like a complete idiot!

I spotted a bit of coolant pooling beneath the car Sunday and panicked. It would be another days until I could get my car back in a heated garage. I assumed the worst and had a second new radiator cross-shipped via 2nd Day, which will arrive on Tuesday.

Then I began having doubts. I just wasn't sure if I had clamped down a certain hard-to-reach hose. I recalled leaving it loose before I installed the radiator because I wanted to ensure it was adjusted to the correct angle to accommodate the reservoir. I just didn't recall tightening the hose clamp.

After getting the car back in a garage, it was the very first thing I checked. Sure enough, the clamp was swinging free like a man gone commando. It took a while to get at it, but I was able to tighten it down without having to drain any coolant or disconnect anything.

Lesson learned: Double check EVERYTHING. Then check again.

No drippage anymore. Now I've got to get this 2nd new radiator sent back...

No comments: