Sunday, November 18, 2007

Radiator

My wife called me yesterday to let me know the car started spewing "smoke" (steam), and when she popped the bonnet there was coolant everywhere.

Damn.

She got a ride home from a friend, but our car is still ~50 miles away from here. I'm about to head out with a friend of mine to assess the damage. My wife described the radiator as having a crack down the side/seam. A new radiator will cost ~$150 shipped, and I might even be able to get that price for overnight/2nd day.

The cleanup will be a pain. There was evidently enough coolant in the engine compartment to short something, so the battery is allegedly dead, as well. Wish me luck!

P.S. - Soon I will be posting a list of my "starting tools" and modify that list every time I'm able/forced to to add something to my toolkit.

No comments: