Friday, November 30, 2007

Radiator Update #2

Lesson #1: The timeliness of part delivery is more important than the cost of the parts.

I placed my order for parts a week and a half ago. Thus far, half of the parts have arrived. It is a rather frustrating situation to be in, as I have no car to drive. Life would be much worse if I needed to travel more than several blocks, if the temperature was much lower, or if it was windy outside.

I have been able to get around by bike so far, but not for much longer. The first snow has come, and the temperature has dropped below 0F.

Update: All of the parts were delivered by the 29th of November. That puts the latest-arriving part nine days after the order date. I should have some grace here, as UPS likely shut down or slowed their operation over Thanksgiving weekend. Still, I will never again make the mistake of ordering parts with anything other than Next Day or 2nd Day delivery.

No comments: