Monday, January 12, 2009

Insurance Update

Repairs on the Blue Meanie are just about wrapped up. This Wednesday I will be bringing it in to have the lower front fender and air charge (intercooler) shroud replaced.

I'm convinced there is an exhaust leak, which affects the turbocharger. Several times, I have noticed exhaust at the front passenger side of the vehicle immediately following a cold start. I also have not been able to hear the familiar whir and whistle of the turbocharger spooling up. Unfortunately, I don't have the tools necessary to check for vacuum leaks. This one will have to be left up to the shop. That's just as well, since it will end up being part of the insurance claim.

I still haven't been able to work on Casper, but I may have an opportunity this evening. Once the fuel injectors are rebuilt, my cold starting issues should go away. Following that, I think I will go ahead with the installation of a coolant heater.

Speaking of coolant heaters, I was finally able to finish the install for the Meanie. It sure is tight under the hood, but it does fit. I haven't yet hook it up, but I will likely take care of that this evening, as well.

No comments: